Former congressman Anthony Weiner admitted in court Friday to sending sexually explicit messages and photos to a 15-year-old girl, People confirms.
Weiner pleaded guilty in federal court to a single count of transferring obscene material to a minor. The disgraced politician surrendered to the FBI in New York Friday morning, and pleaded guilty before United States District Judge Loretta Preska.
Weiner was released on bail and will be sentenced on September 8. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
A court official tells People Weiner fought through tears as he read a statement in court. He acknowledged sending sexually explicit texts »
- Tierney McAfee and Chris Harris
Similar News ItemsHillary Clinton
- How 'Saturday Night Live' Turned Our Trump Nightmare Into Comic Gold (From Rolling Stone. 22 May 2017, 8:12 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: ‘Promised Land’ Links the Death of the American Dream with Elvis Presley (From The Film Stage. 22 May 2017, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- ‘SNL’ Cast Departures: A Winning Season Still Has Its Challenges (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2017, 9:07 PM, PDT)
- Huma Abedin Files for Divorce from Anthony Weiner as He Pleads Guilty in Sexting Case (From PEOPLE.com. 19 May 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Huma Abedin Files to Divorce Anthony Weiner (From TMZ. 19 May 2017, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Just Couldn't Help Himself: Anatomy of an Epic Twitter-and-Sext-Fueled Downfall (From E! Online. 19 May 2017, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Pleads Guilty to Sexting With 15 Year Old, Must Register As Sex Offender (From Uinterview. 20 May 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Andy Cohen Cares about Huma Abedin and Tom Brady's Ass (Video) (From TMZ. 20 May 2017, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- Flashback: There Was a Time Huma Abedin Hoped Husband Anthony Weiner Had Changed (From PEOPLE.com. 19 May 2017, 1:34 PM, PDT)