Former congressman Anthony Weiner admitted in court Friday to sending sexually explicit messages and photos to a 15-year-old girl, People confirms.
Weiner pleaded guilty in federal court to a single count of transferring obscene material to a minor. The disgraced politician surrendered to the FBI in New York Friday morning, and pleaded guilty before United States District Judge Loretta Preska.
Weiner was released on bail and will be sentenced on September 8. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
A court official tells People Weiner fought through tears as he read a statement in court. He acknowledged sending sexually explicit texts »
- Tierney McAfee and Chris Harris
Similar News ItemsHillary Clinton
- Newt Gingrich Typo-Ridden Tweet Garners Laughs Online: ‘Are You Ok, Fella?’ (From The Wrap. 16 October 2017, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Donald Trump Holds Pop-Up Rose Garden Presser: “Hillary, Please Run!” (From Deadline TV. 16 October 2017, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton Appears on British TV with Broken Toe in a Boot as Trump Begs Her: ‘Please Run’ for President in 2020 (From PEOPLE.com. 16 October 2017, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- Dr. Drew Says Harvey Weinstein Deserves A Second Chance, But I'm Worried About Him (From TMZ. 11 October 2017, 5:56 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Frightened of Prison Beatdown Because of Pedophile Label (From TMZ. 27 September 2017, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Why Anthony Weiner Walked Free Hours After Being Sentenced to Federal Prison (From PEOPLE.com. 26 September 2017, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Inside Georgina Chapman's ''High-Profile'' Support System Amid Harvey Weinstein Scandal (From E! Online. 12 October 2017, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- Barack Obama Says Harvey Weinstein 'Needs to Be Condemned' Following Sexual Harassment Scandal (From PEOPLE.com. 10 October 2017, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner & Huma Abedin Take Son to School Ahead of Prison Stint (From TMZ. 2 October 2017, 7:05 AM, PDT)