“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Movie Talk: The Crew Pitches Their Own Ideas for a ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff (From Collider.com. 18 October 2017, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- Heath Ledger Wanted Christian Bale To Hit Him In ‘The Dark Knight’ (From The Playlist. 18 October 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Launches Oscar Campaign (From MovieWeb. 18 October 2017, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Five reasons to see The Foreigner (From Cineplex. 17 October 2017, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Lorraine Calvert Tackles The Man Who Brought Down The White House (From AwardsDaily. 17 October 2017, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Godless: first trailer for Steven Soderbergh's Netflix show (From Den of Geek. 16 October 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- Josh Boone May Adapt Stephen King’s The Stand as a Limited Series After Wrapping The New Mutants (From Dread Central. 19 October 2017, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Original Shining Twins Hated the 90s Remake (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2017, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- 10 of the Most Terrifying Movie Trailers of All Time (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)