“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Film News Roundup: Christopher Nolan to Discuss Film Preservation at Library of Congress (From Variety - Film News. 16 October 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Outlines How Zack Snyder And Joss Whedon Approached Justice League Differently (From We Got This Covered. 16 October 2017, 7:07 AM, PDT)
- Lumíère Festival: Tilda Swinton – a British Iconoclast (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2017, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- ‘Marshall’ Origin Myth Leads Weak Biopics at Specialty Box Office (From Indiewire. 15 October 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Gotham Review: We Meet “The Demon’s Head” (From TVovermind.com. 13 October 2017, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- The Foreigner – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 October 2017, 5:23 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- New Mutants Kicks Off an X-Men Horror Trilogy (From MovieWeb. 16 October 2017, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Renewed for Season 2 at Audience Network (From TVovermind.com. 16 October 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Paramount Players Buys Horror Film ‘Eli,’ Sets 2019 Release Date (From Variety - Film News. 16 October 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)